Thursday, June 11, 2020

Rainbow Fade Quilt


I was inspired to make a rectangle quilt after seeing this lovely one made by Jolene from Blue Elephant Stitches. Mine is different in a lot of ways but that quilt was definitely my jumping off point.

I made scrappy 12 patch blocks and stuck in two framed fussy cut rectangles just to break things up a little. I hand quilted it with #8 Perle cotton along two sides of each rectangle and used a striped binding. The rectangles were cut at 4" x 3" so finished at 3.5" x 2.5" and the quilt measures 62" x 79". 
 




                                                                                      


     
                                                                              






2 comments:

Bluestocking said...

Ooh! I do like those light-to-dark quilts. Your rectangles or Jolene's flying-geese is a very pleasing way of breaking up the straight lines.

Bluestocking said...

And I meant to add that it looks *fabulous* against that dark wood!