Monday, May 25, 2020

2018 Pokemon Drawing Project and Watercolor Class



I have an interest in art although sometimes I wonder if it is just a desire to buy art supplies. My pens and paints can sit there untouched for months and then one day, I wake up and want to draw or doodle or paint.

Kasey Golden on YouTube did a project where she painted the first 151 Pokemon characters from memory. Even now, I can only name a few so the memory part was impossible for me. I looked them up one by one and using some of her drawings as a reference, I was able to draw all of them, too. I filled 3 small notebooks. I showed them to a few people and usually was asked "Are you going to color them?" The paper isn't suitable for watercolor and really the exercise was about drawing so I will leave them as is. 


Later in the year, I took an online watercolor class from Liz Steel. It was a good class with video instruction and doable exercises. We posted our work to the class site and received feedback from other students. I filled a few pages in the sketchbook, some turned out all right and others not so good. I'll never be great but I do enjoy it sometimes. 

Draw your palette

A la Modigliani




1 comment:

Bluestocking said...

I love the Modigliani-esque lady --