Sunday, January 14, 2018

Two Small Quilts

Finished size - 45" x 45"

I made this quilt awhile ago. I'm not even sure when but it was within the last year. I was inspired by this blog post whose idea came from this tutorial. I used 10.5 inch squares to make the half square triangles and quilted it with both machine and hand stitches. 



The Churn Dash quilt below was originally intended to be a version of Flea Market Dash, a Jen Kingwell design from the book, Quilt Lovely. I tried to pull it off but I just couldn't make the whole thing work with the fabrics I had on hand. This one is a good example of a quilt becoming what it is meant to be. 

It is also both machine and hand quilted and has a two piece backing. Both quilts used the same border fabric.

Finished size - 46" x 60"




1 comment:

Bluestocking said...

I really like the simplicity of the star -- it's classic and modern at the same time. And I like your color choices!