Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Outdoors - At Home

Bicycling on the Cascade Trail along the Skagit River
Looking at my life through this blog, one would almost suppose that the only time I get up from the couch is to take pictures of the stuff I have made. I haven't neglected my craft projects this summer but I have found plenty of opportunity to spend some quality time outside. My friend, Jeni and I walked in a local half marathon event in July so we were out getting in some training miles several times a week and tried to "cross train" by riding our bikes at least once a week or so. She has access to the Naval Air Station on Whidbey Island, which was our favorite place to walk - the roads are lightly traveled (or empty) and there are long stretches right along the water. It is so pretty around here!

Hiking on Goose Rock with Maureen and her dog

Biking on Guemas Island with Jeni

No comments: