Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Owlie Socks


I have been away, on a nice vacation. Before I left town, though, I cast on 6 knitting projects in order to participate in the My Sister's Knitter Knit Along over on Ravelry. It was formed to help folks finish up projects but since I am usually pretty good at completing what I start, I didn't have anything going in time to join in. Okay, now I do.

These owl socks were my second KAL project - I got them done a couple of weeks ago. This is a great pattern that includes links to two beading techniques that I had not yet tried and two links to tutorials for cabling without a cable needle. So, even though I have done both beads and cables before, I was learning some new tricks while making these socks!

There are also patterns on Ravelry for owl sweaters, hats, mittens, scarves and many other things. Also, stuffed owls. People are crazy for them, apparently, probably because they are so cute.


Pattern: Owlie Socks

Needles: US 1

Yarn: SweetGeorgia Yarns Tough Love Sock
Color: Ginger


No comments: