Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Neep Heid Hat

I bought some yarn with the intention of making a couple of baby hats but the long stretches of shifting colors inspired me to head in a new direction. I added a second ball for background and got the fair isle effect the lazy way.


The pattern is Neep Heid by Kate Davies. It looks a bit better, I think, with the rich colors of real Shetland wool and the traditional fair isle method but this is pretty good for a shortcut hat. It turned out a bit small as I only did eight repeats of the design instead of nine as specified in the pattern. But I think it would have been short even if I had followed the directions and it just means I need to find the right person for the hat, like a ten year old girl who likes wool and old lady colors. How hard can that be?




No comments: