Tuesday, July 09, 2013

July Bee Blocks



Ahh, summer! I am having a long break from work and am enjoying the easy pace and warm days of this beautiful time of year. Dave and I had a camping trip planned and we decided not to go anywhere at all. It is just too nice here at home! You might think that I would begin to crank out the projects but, no, I just putter along and work in some stitching between other, not very demanding, activities. 

A few friends are training with me to walk in an upcoming half marathon. We are walking 20-30 miles a week at a quick, steady pace and also get in a bike ride once a week. It isn't super grueling but, as the years go by, it has been easy to wimp out and lose the habit of regular exercise so I am happy with the friendly workout program we have fallen into. We have about 8 weeks in so far and the hills are definitely easier to climb! Tennis rackets are on order - ha! - we shall see on that one.

The two bee blocks are from this tutorial, by Amy of the Badskirt blog. Our quilter asked for various sizes of airplanes in light blue, lime green or yellow with white background and borders. It's going to be cute!

No comments: