Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sunshine Socks

Photo by John Corso
My latest socks were made with Madelinetosh Tosh Sock yarn, 100% superwash merino wool. I love this stuff - it has just the right amount of sproinginess and body and comes in dozens of yummy colors. I got this skein in Portland recently at Twisted, a very cool store; the color is called Earl Grey. I am usually drawn to the darker colors but intentionally chose a lighter one to highlight the twists and cables in the pattern.

My guest photographer, John Corso, was at our house to take pictures of Dave in his shop. A magazine author is writing a feature on the motorcycle toolboxes Dave builds and they needed some images for the article. I was joking around about photo styling for knitted socks, and how easy it is to keep taking the same old boring pictures. This is a first for me - BMW 1200GS hardware as background.

Photo by John Corso
I did make two - the pattern is Sunshine from the book, Sock Innovation, by Cookie A. They are for a friend who has larger feet than I do, so I think the fit will be just right.

No comments: