Monday, October 22, 2012

Doll Sweater

Here is a pattern I found on Ravelry, Doll Aran. It came together easily enough; I changed it a bit by making the fronts and back at the same time up to the armholes then using a three needle bind off for the shoulders. I picked up the stitches for the sleeves and knit in the round down to the cuffs and also changed the neck and front edges. Even with all these modifications, it is nice to use a pattern and not have to calculate the sizing and chart out the pattern stitches.




The yarn is by Lorajean Kelly - The Sassy Girl, at knittedwit.com. It is 60% superwash merino wool, 30% bamboo and 10% nylon. I got it at the Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival in Portland. 

The sweater will go to the daughter of my co-worker friend, Jewell. I saw Jewell yesterday and she said the doll clothes I had given her recently are being put to hard use in play land. That's good to hear.

No comments: