Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Quilting Bee

I am happy to have joined my first quilting bee. The old version of many quilters gathered around a frame in a neighbor's living room, stitching away together, has been replaced by the internet and the postal service. 

Rachel, at Stitched in Color, has organized a large bee on Flickr that has grown to almost 200 members. It is called do. Good Stitches; quilts are made collectively and donated to charities. After applying online, I was invited to join the latest circle called The Cheer Circle. We will each make a block or two a month with our first project designed by Claire. She chose a blue and white theme and a block called X Marks the Spot from Sew Crafty Jess. I think our first finished quilt will be donated to Project Linus. 



It will be fun to get to know some other folks who are quilting and blogging. So far, I only know first names and where the others live - Texas, California, Oklahoma, Maryland, Georgia and Nevada. Far flung, but we can make some quilts together!

Here is my first block - I will mail it to Claire in Austin. It will be great to see the finished project.







No comments: