Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Mini 'X' Quilt

I better get a move on with the blog posts. There are two mini quilts, a shawl and a pair of socks in the finished pile and only pictures of one project. I have been working at the clinic more than usual and it is hard to always stay motivated to take photos and blog. 

My motivation for rowing also disappeared this winter. Work was interfering and substitutes were hard to come by. Another person on the crew bagged out for similar reasons and so - I quit. Quitter! Yuck. It was time to face facts, though, and I can certainly sub as opportunities arise when work eases off and the weather improves. And, actually, I do have a rowboat of my own gathering dust. Hmmm...




This little quilt is about 18" square. I must have seen it on Flickr or referred to on some quilting blog. The tutorial is here. It was easy to make and I was happy to find a good use for some Kate Spain charm squares. It is machine quilted with variegated thread (which hardly shows and may not be worth the special purchase) and bound with the sashing fabric. 

No comments: