Sunday, December 17, 2017

Some Sewing


I did a series of zippy pouches a few months ago and when I was done, I had made eleven. I started to find homes for them before I completed the streak so I never got a picture of all of them together. I've used various tutorials over the years and now I just seem to cobble up my own formula and sizing. I used some metal zippers that I got from Zipit on Etsy and whatever fleecy interfacing I found in the box. It is good to have some pouches on hand for hostess gifts and other occasions where a little token is appreciated.


This sock monkey guy has a story and a sibling sock elephant that is too homely to photograph. My friend, Barbara, had a yearning to make these and a pile of socks so she and I spent a couple of afternoons together, sewing and catching up. It was a fun project and I have found a four year old that might appreciate finding these under the Christmas tree. I dunno - lovable creatures to some? Those super soft fleece plushies have much more appeal, I think. Maybe someone likes the idea that they used to be socks but most kids are not going to care much about it.

No comments: