Monday, November 17, 2014

Portland


Here I am with my two sisters, Alicia and Anita. They cooked up a weekend trip to Portland, Oregon and I was so happy to join them there. I drove down (the snowstorm that was predicted did not show up, thank goodness) and we stayed together at a hotel in the Nob Hill neighborhood. We had the best time! We just walked around, went shopping and ate in a few cool restaurants. We didn't get to half of the places we had talked about seeing so I guess that means we will have to plan another trip soon. 

Portland always seems like such a vibrant city to me. There are lots of people out and about on the streets and sidewalks, with a friendly bustle in the air. Businesses are mixed in with some of the residential areas so it has a real walkable quality to it. I think I could spend a few weeks there easily if there was a decent place to stay.  

No comments: