Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Sake Socks


I am turning into a professional sock model - ha! Well, at least I have found a fairly reliable spot for pictures with good light and a background that isn't too distracting. The cement usually needs to be swept clean but there is a secure spot for the camera on the mini-tripod and the self-timer does the rest. 



This pattern is called Sake. It was published in my current favorite book, Knit.Sock.Love by Cookie A. It has twisted stitches and cables and lots of narrow columns traveling back and forth. Some of the other knitters that have made this pattern commented on the tightness of the fit and their tendency to run out of yarn before finishing so I made some changes to the design as I went along. It was a success because my socks are sized just right and I had a bit of yarn left over. 

The yarn is Hazel Knits Artisan sock in the colorway Zest. Yep. Pretty screaming orange.




1 comment:

Wendi said...

Hi,
Your socks are gorgeous! I've attempted many times to make socks without success. I plan on picking them up to try again this summer. I may need your advice. : ) I'm loving you bee blocks too. They've inspired me to get to mine tomorrow. Thanks Sarina, for the great inspiration!