Saturday, July 27, 2013

Scylla Socks


Pattern: Scylla Socks

Yarn: Beurre in Autumn Maples
Fingering Weight

Needles: US 1

This pattern was written to highlight the wild colors and variegations of some modern sock yarns and to downplay the problems that sometimes occur with their use. The slip stitches and all of the texture break up some of the striping and pooling that can turn a pretty skein of yarn into a scary ugly finished garment. 

Not that any of that would have happened with this yarn, of course. I have used it before and didn't have any unfortunate results. Still, I think this is a happy combination of pattern and yarn. The socks fit well, too!




2 comments:

Chelsea W said...

I love them!

Andi G said...

I think the pattern and yarn combination are perfect. Those socks remind me of Autumn. Beautiful!