Thursday, May 09, 2013

St. Louis 16 Patch Quilt


This quilt top came together pretty quickly. I have had a stack of fat quarters sitting around for awhile, waiting for inspiration to strike. When I saw the tutorial for the St. Louis 16 Patch block, I thought it would work well with the directional prints of the Lucky Penny Bike Path line. I used a variety of low volume fabrics for contrast. 

The quilt top measures 56" x 70", a lap quilt size, which seems to be about the only size I make. It is big enough to show off fabrics and design but still small enough to easily handle machine quilting it at home. Besides, then I can finish one project and move on to the next!

I am thinking about this Lucky Penny fabric for the backing but also kind of want something that is lighter in color overall. It's from the same collection so the colors are perfect. What do you think?



No comments: