Friday, April 05, 2013

Churn Dash Pillow



I just finished another pillow, though honestly, it feels like all I've done recently is watch basketball. I get SO absorbed in March Madness but am far from a true fan. I need my brackets from previous years to even remember who won the championship in the past and it isn't until I see the faces of the players or the coaches that I really remember who is who. It is such fun and great entertainment and it's perfect for this time of year. 

The pillow is made from a classic block called the Churn Dash. I made a nine patch top out of these blocks and bordered, bound and backed it as shown. The only quilting is some handstitching with #8 perle cotton. There is a hidden zipper under the placket. It finished at 16" square and went home with my sister, Anita. I'm so glad she liked it.  



No comments: