Thursday, July 12, 2012

Meh Projects

Last winter, at some point, I got all excited about felting. I saw a demonstration of pre-felt making at a fiber school exhibition and I spent a few days pouring over some borrowed books and gathering materials. I was going to make a bag.



I didn't have any trouble figuring it out and the process was pretty fun. It was cool to see the fluffy fiber transform into something else entirely. But I didn't like the bag at all. The color became muddy and I really didn't know what to do about a handle and I tried to jazz it up with some embroidery - but, yuck, I don't like anything about it.


Some socks I just finished are also in the "meh" category. I was using up some leftover yarn, and, well, that part of the project was a success. The yarn became socks but they aren't especially pretty. 

 

No comments: