Thursday, April 26, 2012

Ditty Bag

Getting a sewing kit ready for an overnight trip made me realize a couple of things. I haven't been sewing much and I rarely leave home!
 

It's okay, of course. Enthusiasm for projects will always wax and wane a bit and it was a brief two weeks of dormancy. I have started sewing again on a machine pieced quilt top and the little ditty bag has components for another four Rose Star blocks. I'll have more time now as my work schedule has just dropped back to one day a week. 

In the meantime, I was able to waste time on some reading and TV, crossword and Sudoku puzzles and make some feeble progress on the spring gardening. A friend pulled weeds furiously last week and claimed nine 5 gallon buckets in two days. My count is about four for the season. I'm a fair weather gardener, at best.

No comments: