Saturday, December 02, 2006

Snowshoes



It was too cold to be outside for awhile this month so I resolved to go check out three of the local gyms. I only managed to walk in to one and I didn't last long. I don't think I am a gym person. Besides the weakness of the overall atmosphere, the $150 membership fee and the fact that I have to drive somewhere to exercise put me off. I was glad when the temperature rose to 20 degrees. I strapped on the snowshoes and have been back out in the fresh air. The first day I was breaking trail and up to my knees. It has been progressively easier since then and way better than that gym.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm like you, gyms certainly put me off, I get cold shivers when I even think of them - how much better is it to be out and about, especially when there's snow? We don't have any snow over here yet unfortunately - but there's still hope ;)