Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Trellis Scarf


Pattern: Trellis Scarf
Interweave Knits, Spring 2006
I finished this scarf a week or two ago and threw away the ball bands from the yarn. Now I can't remember what kind it was, Plymouth Alpaca, I believe, of some fingering weight gauge. I started out with the recommended yarn (Knitpicks Alpaca Cloud) but it just seemed too lightweight for my hands. The lace chart was not really difficult but complicated enough. The needles I had just didn't seem to go with the gyrations required for that 7-into-5 special stitch that is hard to do but looks so fine when finished. I am planning to block the scarf when the kids go back to school and Dave takes off on his motorcycle trip. Why it has to wait, I don't know. I will take some better pictures then too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks a lot like my Trellis! Mine was greyish too!