Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Casting About

A friend brought me 26 balls of yarn in mid-January, which I hoped would last me until our return to the States the first part of April. Half of it is heavier than I thought and does not seem suitable for the scarves I planned to make. I have tried...

All of these attempts are scarves from Scarf Style and all are rejects:


Here and There Cables - too bulky, despite narrowing the pattern.


Ruffles - no drape, too bulky.



Vintage Velvet - too bulky.

So I made a hat, which is okay. It also seemed to head in a different direction than what I envisioned but that is the way it goes sometimes.


Needles: US 8

Yarn: Peruvian Collection Sierra Aran from Elann
2 balls

Pattern: I used the chart from the Fair Isle Jazz scarf in Scarf Style

No comments: