Sunday, December 11, 2005

Poisons R Us


Neighbor: That barking dog on the stairs is driving me nuts. We were up at 3:00 am this morning throwing rocks at it trying to shut it up.

Dave: Yeah, it doesn't like the cats.

Neighbor: I tried getting it to drink antifreeze but it wouldn't drink it.

Dave: You did?

Neighbor: Yeah, and I went down to the poison store last week but the dog wouldn't eat the poison either. Smart dog.

Dave: The what? The poison store?

Neighbor: Oh, yeah, there's this place that just sells poison. Insects, rodents, whatever. I told the guy I wanted to kill a dog and he asked how big. Then he put a box on the counter and I bought it.


A day or so later, we saw our neighbor at the dog's house with a police officer. He told us that the owner of the dog wouldn't answer the door so the officer wrote up a warning and pushed it under the door. He also said the dog just had puppies.

1 comment:

kim said...

A poison store? Wow, that's a new one. Yikes...